Billet wheel questions

Yellow1000

Reaction score
So I've had no luck selling my 02, decided to put a little more life in it for daily driving, already has a 6637 filter, will have a 4 inch turbo back, what I am looking into is a ww2 or one of these other billet wheels that has been mentioned, plus some tunes. If I add say the ww2 for example will I notice anything in stock form?ive read a lot of you noticed much better spool time ,etc. when running one but nobody has mentioned on a truck with no other real mods. And from what I've read about the countless tune threads , I could combine these simple mods with a nice 80 hp DD tune and have a nice reliable strong running truck , I assume the trans which only has 40k on it will be fine? Truck has 299k on it but runs fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
With an 80hp tune Im not sure how much the billet wheel will help. I never ran my.stock.charger with php tunes. I got them.and my 38r and installed.them the same.day.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Won't it stop surging? My truck bone stock surges occasionally already. I was afraid it would get worse tuned.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, it just might. Every truck.is a little different. Some.do it, others dont.

I wasnt discounting the wheel.in my last post just saying that I didnt.really do much with my stock.charger. Other than run it with a 100hp.chip.for 8 years,lol.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Lol 8 years ! Ok this is partly what I was interested to hear. I'm not stuck on doing the wheel , but if it's a worthwhile investment ( quicker spooling and more power over a stock wheel) I would still do it. My problem is I got to used to my 6.7.

Southmike

Reaction score
Won't it stop surging? My truck bone stock surges occasionally already. I was afraid it would get worse tuned.

it will get worse tuned ie with more power ,
that's why you get the ww2.

Kohrnholio

Reaction score
I installed the WW2 in my truck a couple of thousand miles ago with the other mods in my sig already there. Noticed a big difference in performance and a drop in egts...enough that my wife commented that from a stop the truck pulled like the 5er was not back there and she never notices anything like that from a performance deal. :p Also cured my surge from the stock wheel and it is still a stock turbo. It does spool much faster and I got a couple more psi out of it as well.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Thanks guys ! First I'm going to try and track down where my oil is going before I do anything.

mustube

Reaction score
I have a ww2 and a stock turbo and I never get any surge even towing pretty big loads up hill. Spool up is quicker too. I don't have a boost gauge but with a scanner I do see higher MAP numbers but I can't convert in/mg in my head.

CGMKCM

Reaction score
On my truck with H2e, I picked up 12 h.p. on my stock tune just from changing from stock wheel to WW2 (dyno tested). 22 h.p. boost in my 100 h.p. tune.

Latest posts

Members online