Blew It Up Today.....

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
My luck lately sucks...... got my truck back from paint two fridays ago...that Saturday, the tranny went out of it....Airfish hooked me up with a super deal on a used one...... got it installed and picked it up last Thursday.....this morning while merging into traffic it went boom and then it didn't sound good at all...... got it to a parking lot, then towed to the shop. Cylinder 3 is dead, pulling valve cover to further investigate......

bgrimm1

Reaction score
Sounds like my luck man. I think my record is 6 days having it back before something else happened. Hope it's nothin to bad

weazel

Reaction score
Man that's sucks, sorry to hear about that, what are your plans for it?

Translated from hillbilly, with tapatalk
Engineers clear the way!

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
If you decide to rebuild it Harsman Automotive in Smithsburg MD has a good bit of 6.0 experience and is a full service machine shop.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
Yes I do..... it has 210000 hard miles on it...... I'm pretty sure I hurt it right before it went in for paint..... the tranny went first, and now the engine. I hope to get the old engine and tranny rebuilt to handle some abuse.............

Mdub707

Reaction score
Interested to know what actually failed on it... sorry about your luck man, that sucks. When it rains it pours right?

Nic

Reaction score
Dang..my condolences LOL hope you get er back goin dude..210k hard miles is alot for a 6.0...if its "hard" miles. The 6.0 bottom end can handle quite a bit of power though..Lubrication failure?

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
It will be torn into deeper next week.... have another 03 engine on its way... hopefully I can get one together and then build the other....... I doubt it was a lube issue.... I have had an injector issue for a real long time.. I'm thinking number 7 injector finally failed and the piston cracked and possibly bent a rod.....but who knows... I'm only speculating on what the mechanic at the shop told me soo far. Thisguy rebuilds 6.0 and 6.4s everyday all day and treats me right on labor and costs

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
Dang..my condolences LOL hope you get er back goin dude..210k hard miles is alot for a 6.0...if its "hard" miles. The 6.0 bottom end can handle quite a bit of power though..Lubrication failure?

Right before I went in for paint, I got stuck by getting hung up in some rocks....took 2 hours of spinning and work to free it up.... I then proceded to run it thru a small pond about 40 times to clean it up a little..... then burnt about half of the back tires off doing burnouts and donuts.... when I go back after that weekend I took it to the paint shop...it needed 4 new doors, a new bedside, new bumber both front and back and a lot of straightening..... I only had it back for a day before the tranny went...then about a week before the engine went, so yeah I put hard miles on it.......

Latest posts

Members online