Blinker doesnt work when hot

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
ok on my 05 the blinkers work just fine when the engine is cold but when it gets up to operating temp the blinkers stop working, no light on the dash or anything, any ideas?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Interesting... do they always work when cold and never work when hot or is it intermittent? I can't really think of a reason why temperature would affect it like that.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
yep always works in the morning and never when its hot.... I have no idea ether thats why I came on here to see if anyone else had this problem

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Isn't the relay for the t/s in the under hood box? I would also check your fuses in that box too. Have seen them before when they where blown, but would make contact when cold. A test light will be your friend when its hot to trace them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Isn't the relay for the t/s in the under hood box? I would also check your fuses in that box too. Have seen them before when they where blown, but would make contact when cold. A test light will be your friend when its hot to trace them.

Blinker relay is under the dash.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
yep knew that didnt want to get that far into it with out checking here first. Didnt think the fuse would be the problem since it works sometimes...

Ya that's weird for sure. I would check wiring harness for chaffing. maybe when you drive it the bumps seperate the wires then it sits and they touch idk.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I seem ti remember there being something in that front box for the signals. Take a heat gun to it to warm everything up. It'll show its face pretty quick.

DMAX

Reaction score
Matt take the relay and put it on an ohms meter. Place the leads on terminals 1 & 2 and the resistance in ohms should be 50-100, if out of spec replace the relay.

If resistance is in spec, take the relay and put 12v DC power to terminals 2-3 and ground terminal 1. Then measure voltage between pin 5 and 1, if the voltage reads 12v the relay is good

On edit: If you can check the Date and Ford Part # on the Turn signal switch on the steering column I can check if it was recalled.... I see ford recalled quite a bit of them.

Last edited:

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
With is being a 05 have you replaced the blinker fluid? That's a long time to run that fluid. I'd also step up to some royal purple synthetic. 10% increase in blinker performance......

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.