Block heater tripping outlet

Roush4_6

Reaction score
2006 CCSB Lariat, when I plug in the block heater it's tripping the GFCI outlet I'm plugging it into. *I'm guessing I have some sort of short but am just curious if anyone else has had this problem and how did you fix it? *I've been plugging it in for almost 2 months now and it seems to only happen if it's raining outside. Any help would be great. Thanks.*

ford_trck

Reaction score
1st thing is make sure your connections are dry.
2nd thing I would do is make sure you are using a big enough extension cord.
3rd if using a bigger cord and by bigger I mean a larger gauge internal wire doesn't work, put a new plug end on.

Usually one of the three will fix your issues. If you have the time you can take the other end off your block heater and ohm it out before you replace the plug end but being very cheap and a common fix you can do as you want.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
i would think it would be due to a neutral wire or terminal dirty causing it to have to use the ground circuit!

Demon

Reaction score
99% of the time it's a bad neutral. You can meter it out and know for sure.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
mine does the same thing.... i am pretty sure its moisture that gets into the connection.... if its raining, then its too warm to be plugged in anyways..... mine never does it in the snow.....

yeehaw

Reaction score
i usually slide the plug back into the bumper so it doesn't get wet and it doesn't pop. But like most said, if it's raining out it is warm enough for me not to plug it in. Unless you live in Wisconsin where it drops thirty effin degrees in a night.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.