Blowing fuse for lights

NHL_bullitt

Reaction score
I bought a 1 owner 2004 6.0 powerstroke, stock, a couple months ago. I drove it a little bit, and put on a lift a couple weeks ago. I had it out for a 30 minute drive in the dark afterwards, all was well. BUT...the the next time I drove it at night, the cluster lights, tag lights, tail lights, and parking lights all stopped working as soon as I turned them on (fuse blew). I checked a few very minor things hoping it was the issue, no dice. The fuse blows within 30 seconds every time. That makes 3 times now. I don't think any wires were disrupted enough during the lift install to cause this issue, plus I had to drive it home with all the lights on directly after and everything was fine. After researching on some forums, some people had issues with the trailer wiring being the culprit. Mine looks perfectly fine still. The one thing I noticed when I bought the truck was the block heater plug-in was missing the ground rod, and there were some exposed wires in the cord that I simply taped up with some electrical tape. I doubt they are related but figured I'd mention it. I haven't had time to check in to it closer. If anybody has dealt with something similar, I'd appreciate any tips. The truck finally looks reasonable and I can't even drive the thing.

Last edited:

Gary

Reaction score
The trailer connector is the #1 area to have that problem, if that's not it I'd start looking around the rear bumper area, but your problem could be anywhere.

deiter5262

Reaction score
Just so you'll know- I had wires touching behind my aftermarket stereo in the dash and I had some wire touching behind my headlight switch. Fixed them all by an electrical guy that charged me near $300 and truck is now off to its new owner.

Latest posts

Members online