boost

cumminspower77

Reaction score
all right guys a got a qustien i did an inercooler on my 94.5 psd along with the idm a 4in exuast and a custom 4in intake with no chip and a auto meter boost guage. now to the problem at wot its only hit bout 12 psi i have check around my ic pipes for leaks and replaced the oring in the spyder flang. now i have thought that my motor was never fuled for an ic so could that be my problame or would i have leaks else ware.

cumminspower77

Reaction score
Nope no if mash it while driveing ot will smoke a lil bit but nuthing thats terable the truck runs and drives fine spoils up realy well and seems to have the right power

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Well i tested it at 2000 rpm and wd40 and dindt find any thing tht may not have been the best choise but it worked

Did you rev it to 2000rpm in park or nuetrul? You dont build boost with out a load. Build a pressure tester so you can hear where it is coming from and be under the hood to find it.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Make sure you disconnect your CCV from the intake when you test it if you have not already rerouted it...

SDstroker

Reaction score
$15 at the hardware store.
2012-09-01_16-30-22_296_zpsc416559f.png

What boost #'s where you seeing before?

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Sounds about right for a stock obs truck with an intercooler...... Remember stock 49state obs trucks without an intercooler will only make 15-17psi, the cali trucks have bigger injectors and will make 20-23psi of boost. With the intercooler you lose psi so.... Completely normal.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
agreed, you can also try putting the boost guage pre intercooler and see if that changes anything, there is a change in pressure from pre and post cooling. If i remember correctly i lost about 3-4 psi with intercooler. i have 2 or 3 pin holes but even at 30psi with a tester it barley drops.

cumminspower77

Reaction score
Thamks sdstroker thts a nice pic and i ant sure what psi i was runen befor i did guags whem o did my ic i am puting a six position on this weekend and moven my boost gauges and probly put one beforethe ic

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Thamks sdstroker thts a nice pic and i ant sure what psi i was runen befor i did guags whem o did my ic i am puting a six position on this weekend and moven my boost gauges and probly put one beforethe ic

with the chip you will be around 25 psi

Latest posts

Members online