Brake Tag station in LA

highland512

Reaction score
I just went and registered my truck to LA from TX today then I went to get my brake tag. Well after going by 3 different shops I have now learned that the tint limit on front widows is 40%. My truck has 25%, does anyone know of any shops in the NOLA/BR area that has been passing darker tint?

imelmo

Reaction score
Mine's darker than 40% and I've never had any issues. It's not real dark though. I'm about 25miles north of New Orleans in Slidell.

imelmo

Reaction score
I don't even know the name of the place actually, lol. It's on Front St. (Hwy. 11) though, near the train station. It's a wooden building with a big propane tank out front. Can't really miss it.

THETANK01

Reaction score
Not saying it isn't possible in slidell but St Tammany parish is pretty serious when it comes to the law. I used to drive to lockport Exxon to get mine. They got busted and wont do it anymore. It depends on who you know. My buddy went to doors automotive on gause blvd in slidell and got his last week. His windows are dark.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

highland512

Reaction score
Thats my issue, the wife and I just moved to LA about not to long ago and we dont know anybody. I'm thinking about getting a flat of Busch tall boys and going to a shaddy lookin shop and letting the beers out of my cooler if my truck and the wifes car pass inspection.

highland512

Reaction score
Inspections passed!!!! No "negotiating" needed, asked around with some local guys at work and found some shops and finally got both vehicles passed.