Brakes

Twan

Reaction score
Need some help, from time to time my brake peddle gets hard to push, it don't push back, just hard like manual brakes. I replaced the power steering pump, no change. Seems to happen more when heavy throttle is used, tow/hual or towing, but still acts up on normal throttle. The problem is it doesn't act up much.
Thanks.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thanks, is there a way to test them, or is it easier to just replace all 4?

If you're somewhat mechanically inclined you can take them apart and clean them yourself. It'll take some time to do them all.

Do you live in a colder climate with a bit of salt on the rds in the winter?

I would visually inspect everything...usually you can see differences in how the Rotors are worn.

Twan

Reaction score
Live in Colorado, no salt. As of now everything is wearing evenly. I'll have to take a closer look before I order my new rotors and pads.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've replaced calipers several times on my truck. They stick alright, but it's rarely the pins themselves that are sticking. I've had the pistons in the calipers crack and become egg shaped. They don't move in and out real easy in that form. Not sure what causes it, I rarely tow anything and my truck isn't very heavy.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've replaced calipers several times on my truck. They stick alright, but it's rarely the pins themselves that are sticking. I've had the pistons in the calipers crack and become egg shaped. They don't move in and out real easy in that form. Not sure what causes it, I rarely tow anything and my truck isn't very heavy.

This.

IIRC these trucks had recalls on the calipers didn't they?

Mdub707

Reaction score
As far as I know the only aftermarket calipers for our trucks were the SSBC calipers and they were EXPENSIVE. UNBROKEN had them on his truck, said they stopped on a dime and gave 9 cents change. You get what you pay for with those. Just couldn't imagine spending that coin on calipers and then expose them to upstate NY winters anyways. I could buy dozens of stock calipers for the cost of those buggers.

Latest posts

Members online