Broke trans

swinky

Reaction score
Loud bang under acceleration now no forward or reverse. Aluminum pieces in pan. No grinding just slipping. I brokeded something again

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Csilva187

Reaction score
Ouch, airnt your headgaskets treating ya bad too? Got ya a big project buddy!

swinky

Reaction score
Yuhpp gaskets went last month. Truck was studded in June and a reman trans from ford in November. Neither are doing there job at this point.

swinky

Reaction score
Probably just going to light it on fire and buy a dmax with the insurance money.

swinky

Reaction score
Any guesses on what's broke? Trucks around 600hp. I guess there's a lot of issues with the low reverse hubs.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing... First time the converter basically imploded on itself. Sent metal throughout the entire trans. I was doing around 25mph under 1/8 throttle when it happened. Clunk, just came to a stop and done. Got a reman trans for it from Ford. It was a POS from day one. Never seemed to work right, had shift flares etc, would miss shifts.... that one lasted for probably two years. Anytime I would put it in tow haul it would start flashing after 1 mile of driving and lock in whatever gear it was in. But if I left tow/haul off, it would run like a rocket with the occasional missed shift. Finally started having a delay going from park to reverse and forward etc... and then some mild slipping in reverse. Brought it in, they said the clutch packs were horrible and had been slipping for a while. The tech just did a full rebuild on it and it was SOLID after that. Although I did break the flex plate randomly about a year ago on that same trans, but I doubt that ever was replaced during any of the previous times it was out.

If I had to guess... torque converter.

swinky

Reaction score
So now with it needing a trans and having blown gaskets.

Spend 10k on it and go with a twisted stage 3 and do a cam, ported manifold, new gaskets......

Or cut my losses lol

04cr450

Reaction score
your in a tough spot. You can either pay globs amount of money a month for a new STOCK truck, or spend the money on your current truck(is it paid for?) and you will have a strong running ride that will be fun to drive and reliable. Id say build it...

swinky

Reaction score
Only owe 3k on it. I'm gonna keep the turd but holy crap it's been a money pit. I'm hoping for converter.

Latest posts

Members online