Built Transmission

PABowhunter

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting a trans to hold mid 500 hp levels and I want to do my due diligence in research.

First, I know the majority of guys will recommend BTS, and I agree. My question is, where is the closest BTS dealer to Southeastern PA? Trying to get shipping costs as reasonable as possible.

Second, is there anyone I should consider? Of particular interest are Warren Diesel and Carson Stauffer since they're in PA. I've heard good things about Warren Transmissions but was wondering if there were more guys with first hand experience.

bruce

Reaction score
Jesse is right down the road from me and is a stand up guy so i'm sure he would take care of you if anything did happen. The 5r guys seem to like his stuff so its obviously quality product. Not exactly your neighbor if you're in se pa though, that's a long way from us.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Yea, I figured its about 5 hours. But, if the product is good and the price is right it might be a option.

Lang

Reaction score
Pm OBSWIZ, pretty certain he can have a BTS shipped cheaper than BTS can.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
i went right through Brian, my shipping costs were about 350 each way give or take. not a friendly cost but figured id share my experience

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
have you talked to MPD? Pretty sure they deal BTS and can obviously install too. Depending on where you are in PA, baltimore really isn't a far drive

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
I had my trans rebuilt local back in 08 and lost a convertor early 2012. Andy warren went thru to check it out (precaution while it was out) and put a convertor in and all is well.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
I think both Andy and Brian will install the trans for free if you take your truck there. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Is there a big difference in the internal components when it comes to comparing these well known transmission builders?

Molokai

Reaction score
Is there a big difference in the internal components when it comes to comparing these well known transmission builders?

Yep!!! I had someone build me a trans with the best parts and guess what,it lasted less then two years. So I have a street performer from John wood on the way,talked to John for awhile and he machine lots of his parts because of the small flaws that the ford engineers didn't fix. So you can havethe best parts in your trans but if you don't fix the existing problem all those parts are for nothing.

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
wonder what he would charge to install. ive debated on just driving down there from WYO.
I can make it there and back on probably 600 bucks in fuel..

Brian doesn't charge anything I'm setup with him for mid March. Im not sure about the others. Also the hotel Tina recommended was only like $40 a night!

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Yea, my dad is getting a trans in his 450 from Brian in mid march as well. The only reason I know that install is included. Should be the best way to do it. You can test drive it and have him make any necessary changes to the valve body right then and there.

Latest posts

Members online