burning my own tunes and im an idiot... please help

Noonman350

Reaction score
just like the title says... I thought I could buy a burner and burn my own tunes and that it would be easy. either you have to have a degree in computer science, or im stupid... im burning Beans tunes on my chip and i think i got it erased, but not sure. but now when i try tp program it says "module not formatted" UHH... i dotn know what that means. can someone please help me???!!!! thanks.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
if it needed to be re formatted it shouldnt have even erased.

so i dont think that it is erased and will need to be reformatted before you can continue

907DAVE

Reaction score
In your TS program there is a drop down menu that will allow you to read the chip and burner data (read module?). The "chip security byte" and "programmer security byte" should match. If not you will have to have the chip formatted to match your burner.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Reinstall or update the driver in the device manager.

I had that happen once at random. And it wouldnt read any chips in any way. Updated the driver and it works now.

That being said, when I first got it I erased a 6POS as a 1 position chip and it did the same thing. Erased it and then always says module not formatted for multi-position.

So I sent the chip back to Jake and I think he exchanged it through TS.

Try updating the driver and make sure you have the right com port assigned. Then try un-installing everything and reinstall. If not you may have bummed the chip

Noonman350

Reaction score
Reinstall or update the driver in the device manager.

I had that happen once at random. And it wouldnt read any chips in any way. Updated the driver and it works now.

That being said, when I first got it I erased a 6POS as a 1 position chip and it did the same thing. Erased it and then always says module not formatted for multi-position.

So I sent the chip back to Jake and I think he exchanged it through TS.

Try updating the driver and make sure you have the right com port assigned. Then try un-installing everything and reinstall. If not you may have bummed the chip

I'll try that, which com port is the right one? I didn't think it made a difference so I chose port 1...

Noonman350

Reaction score
In your TS program there is a drop down menu that will allow you to read the chip and burner data (read module?). The "chip security byte" and "programmer security byte" should match. If not you will have to have the chip formatted to match your burner.

I found where it says read module, but its taking forever to read and i havent found anything about the security bytes.

Latest posts

Members online