Buttons on my dash for my heat don't work

quadracer219

Reaction score
Hey guys I drive a 2006 king ranch 6.0, and the last cpl days most of the buttons on my heat selection do not work. Can't get it to go off defrost and say to the foot area or anything, fan speed button doesn't work, temp doesn't work. Im assuming it's the whole unit there. I do have steering wheel controls and I can control fan speed and heat from the wheel.

webb06

Reaction score
Pushing the buttons doesnt change the temp setting? Or changing the selection to feet doesn't show either?

If you change the fan speed or temp with the wheel does it show on the unit?

May need the whole new unit

quadracer219

Reaction score
I turn the truck on the heats on and it's coming out of the defrost. The selection can be on feet, or body, or any of the settings and it'll just come out of the defrost. But when I hit the selection buttons it'll just change on the digital display and not the vents. Sometimes it won't even change on the digital display. You will hit the button and nothing at all happens. My exterior temp button won't work either. And when I do change the temp or fan speed on the wheel you can see it change on the digital display.

quadracer219

Reaction score
That was my initial thought, but since the buttons won't work all the time I want to think it's the whole unit. Sometimes when you hit the buttons it doesn't change anything. I can hit the off button and it won't shut off.

quadracer219

Reaction score
It's working fine right now, hit the foot button it goes to feet, body button it goes, fan and temp work. It does this on and off, if it was a vacuum leak I would think it wouldn't work period and just be stuck on defrost??

webb06

Reaction score
Ya a vacuum leak wouldn't randomly work and then not. Sounds like you need the climate control unit replaced. I'd try and find a used one. I think they're pretty expensive new

seeemmiss

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I had this same problem. Took the unit out, opened it up and it was extremely dirty. Cleaned it with air. Sprayed a light coat of oil over it. Extremely light coat. Wiped most of it off and put it back together. Hasn't quit working since. I think the dust was causing circuit jump of some kind.

Latest posts

Members online