Buzz Test Reliability

caladash

Reaction score
Can a buzz test be relied on with a bad FICM? While monitoring FICM voltage, truck starts and voltage drops way below 45 while running, about 30ish. Trucks runs rough, and idles like crap. Buzz test sounds ok, but fails #5. Can this be relied on with the FICM in its current state?

Atsah

Reaction score
Not in my opinion.. I have read mine several times and it read good.. Good buzz test as well and it's junk..

Atsah

Reaction score
Between the spool valve problems, FICM and the harness in these things, it's not easy to get everything to work the way it should unless you replace everything with upgraded parts.. :doh:

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Can a buzz test be relied on with a bad FICM? While monitoring FICM voltage, truck starts and voltage drops way below 45 while running, about 30ish. Trucks runs rough, and idles like crap. Buzz test sounds ok, but fails #5. Can this be relied on with the FICM in its current state?

I wouldn't rely on it man, especially with that much of a voltage drop.

MorganY

Reaction score
TJ you're back on PSA! to the OP I agree, I just got AE and buzzed tested my 3000 mile old injectors with my FICM that is dropping to 35 volts..the spool valves sounded 100,000 miles old.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
TJ you're back on PSA! to the OP I agree, I just got AE and buzzed tested my 3000 mile old injectors with my FICM that is dropping to 35 volts..the spool valves sounded 100,000 miles old.

Yeah man it's been a hectic week! But life is good over here.

caladash

Reaction score
FICM is pulled to be sent out. KOER was failing different injectors each time it was ran. Saw voltage drop to 20 volts.

Latest posts

Members online