C1155, ABS light still on. ??

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Replaced the left front sensor due to C1155 code.
ABS light won't go off.
Checked continuity/ohms at pins, cleaned contacts, checked for broken wires etc.
All looks good but light is still on.

Any tips here?

Thanks.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Yep. Put new sensor on, light didn't go off. In diagnostics found the new sensor not putting out any voltage, though it was intially. Took it back and got another one. This one reads voltage with DMM but nothing thru IDS when hooked up, light still on.
Can't find any breaks in wires etc, just looking for help on what to look for.

Thanks.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Unplug the speed sensor and read the voltage across the two pins on the harness side with the key on.

If the voltage is below 10 volts suspect damaged wring between the sensor and ABS module. If the voltage is okay, you have either a damaged tone wheel (inside the hub) or faulty sensor.

FWIW, I have ran across issues with mismatched hub/ sensor assembly's and sometimes the only solution is to replace it as a unit.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Another option, if your feeling ambitious, is to switch parts with the other side to see if the problem follows.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I've never had one apart, is the tone ring part of the unit bearing?

Edit: I inspected the tone ring witih the sensor off, rotated the hub 360° and did not see any chipped or broken cogs. What/how is it common for the ring to be bad?

I'll re-check that voltage again, thanks.

907DAVE

Reaction score
The tone wheel can collect shavings from a failing bearing, or it can loosen and not spin the same speed as the hub.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I checked voltage on truck-side harness and nothing, passenger side had over 11 volts.
I pinned the 2 wires all the way back to where they go into the large harnes over the fender and continuity was fine from there to the sensor connector.
Looks like issue is under that fuse block. ??
Any idea/tips if/how that all comes apart to chase a break in the wire?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.