calling all diesel rats.... Help!!!

jokermarine0331

Reaction score
I will make this short and sweet to the point. New to the site...addicted.

Now for help. I have a 05 6.0 all stock besides exhaust...right under 200k. Truck runs amazing. Pulls and shifts strong. Doesnt leak oil. Couldnt ask for a better rig.

Today out of no where while on the interstate cruising 70-75 i noticed a huge loss of power.... Slowly started to drop and maintained at 52-3. Pulled off and turned off the truck. Let it sit and noticed a weird smell... Fired it back up. Engine sounded fine. Cranked up buy a cloud of white smoke followed. Shut it back down. Let it sit for 10 min. Fired it up. Black smoke and full power. Drove for 20 miles and started same process over. Currently at ts perdormance hope these guys can help. What do you guys think ???? Someone pleaseee help.... Im thinking a fuel filter? Again new to the diesel community.

Thanks.guys

907DAVE

Reaction score
Let your shop figure it out.

No need for us to interject our random guesses and confuse the situation if its already at a shop.

swinky

Reaction score
I'd say a high pressure oil issue. My truck was doing the same thing and it's an 03 with 207k.

jokermarine0331

Reaction score
Well thanks for the input guys. Blown head gasket. Going ahead and bullet proofing it. Egr delete. cooler. Studs. List goes on and on. $5500. Wooo hooo. Sighh

KingRanch6.0L

Reaction score
happened to me when my first stock turbo veins got stuck. If you have a pyro thats how i figured it out.
usually runs about 680 going 65 mph. It was at 1100 going 40 mph. made it to powerstroke magic and they hooked me up.

DHFF

Reaction score
happened to me when my first stock turbo veins got stuck. If you have a pyro thats how i figured it out.
usually runs about 680 going 65 mph. It was at 1100 going 40 mph. made it to powerstroke magic and they hooked me up.

EXACTLY what mine did.....

Latest posts

Members online