Cap keep blowing off on the water reserve tank

Rockguard

Reaction score
I have an 05 f250 that's studded and deleted and it keeps puking a d blowing the cap off. Anyone know what I need to do about this.

ParkerFly

Reaction score
Your head gaskets are probably blown anyway if its getting that much pressure in the coolant. How were your studs done? If not done right they won't even really slow the head gasket problems down.

Snake

Reaction score
Check for pressure in the degas bottle while driving. Anything over 16 psi is a pretty accurate indication your headgaskets are blown.

I'd go out on a limb and say your gaskets are blown based on your symptoms.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Oh boy...another set of blown hg on a 6L.

Theres a nice 06 cc/sb lariat with 84k miles at the local ford garage that ive been driving by and taking a loooong glance each time but then I read something like this.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
What they said. But first i would go get the updated cap from ford and see if that helps. If it is blowing off the cap to the degas bottle it must be HOLDING some serious pressure.

First I've heard of the cap physically coming off.

Rockguard

Reaction score
I just put a new cap on it about three months ago when I replaced the water pump. It blew the cap off hard enough to knock the paint off the hood

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
There actually not that bad if you have some mechanical ability and take your time. It all seems scary at first, but once you get in there and get at it, its not so bad. Will be really easy if you have a way to remove the cab.

Rockguard

Reaction score
I had to replace the hpop and ficm not long after I got it and thats when we found out that it had studs and the egr delete

Rockguard

Reaction score
I been wrenching on gas motors and most four wheel drives for years and I've been a doesn't mechanic for the national guard full time for almost a year now. I can't pull the cab but I can't afford to put it in the shop and it cost me almost 5k to have it done

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
I been wrenching on gas motors and most four wheel drives for years and I've been a doesn't mechanic for the national guard full time for almost a year now. I can't pull the cab but I can't afford to put it in the shop and it cost me almost 5k to have it done

It can be done cab on, but especially since you already have studs it would be easier to do with cab off. And 5K? Run. You can get it done for much cheaper than that.

Mdub707

Reaction score
You can tell if it has studs or not by just opening the hood and looking, no need to remove anything.

My guess would be headgaskets as well. It can be done cab on.

Latest posts

Members online