Ccv is rerouted

6speedsd

Reaction score
Did this last weekend. My question is how much vapor should be coming out of that line? I just dumped it behind the cab, but it stinks to high hell so I'll probably reroute it back to the intake after some sort of separator. But, sitting in traffic last night, when the wind is right I can see vapor coming out from under the truck. Just seems like alot to me but I don't know what the norm is. It was like 75 degrees outside too, so it wasn't more noticeable because outside temps.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
What size hose did you run? 6.0s breath pretty heavy, but blowby may be increased on a higher mileage / not well maintained engine.

Mikeh1725

Reaction score
When mine is warm you can see the vapors making little puffs but I'm not worried.

Mine is dumped at the front bumper just below the plastic piece; no smell even with rotella oil.

6speedsd

Reaction score
I might try running mine farther back before i reroute it back to the intake. Either that or do like you said yours is and drop it behind the bumper.

I need to get underneath and make sure I'm not blowing oil out. I guess if its not bad enough to blow oil then its ok.

Mikeh1725

Reaction score
You'll probably get some oil blowing out (hints the wet boots with the stock ccv) but if it's more than a few drips you have other issues.

nebemu2u.jpg

u7ude5az.jpg

qu2upu6e.jpg

6speedsd

Reaction score
I haven't seen any oil yet on anything. It's just the smell that I can't take. Going to run it farther back this weekend and see if that helps.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Mine is just routed right down next to the oil pan pretty much. Always puffing a little bit, nothing crazy. Idk if I'm just used to the smell or if it just doesn't bother me LOL

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I routed mine all the way behind the fuel tank. Only has a slight haze on really hot days or when the oil temp is up a bit.

Latest posts

Members online