ceramic coating exhaust housings?

DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I am not sure on the actual HP gains but I did notice quicker turbo spool-up with my ceramic coated exhaust housings, up-pipes, and turbo exhaust housing.

Jody

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've got my 19cm housing coated, but I have not installed it yet... 17cm housing was coated as well, but only on the outside.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
its supposed to help keep the heat in, i have the inside and out of my exhaust manifoild/turbine housings and hotpipe coated on my fummins, i bought some coating off the internet tho not sure how well it will work tho.

from what i have seen that jethot coating works but causes rust issues

Tom S

Reaction score
It sure does look better then I giant rusty piece under the hood.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Interior coating is the most efficient
Makes sense. It would cut way down on the thermal absorbtion by the housing where an exterior coating alone would allow the housing to absorb quite a bit of heat.

Is there a particular coater or spec to insure the coating doesn't get destroyed? I seem to recall Shawn having tough luck keeping any coatings in place. I'm not sure if he was referring to ceramic coating or what???

its supposed to help keep the heat in, i have the inside and out of my exhaust manifoild/turbine housings and hotpipe coated on my fummins, i bought some coating off the internet tho not sure how well it will work tho.

from what i have seen that jethot coating works but causes rust issues
Can you elaborate?

When I talked to Jet Hot (many years ago) they said rust can be an issue with used parts if rust hasn't been maticulously removed with a chemical process.

They said their coating is much more reliable on new parts that haven't heat cycled. Keep in mind, this was nearly 20 years ago. I image the technology has come a long way since.

I have a set of L&L nickel plated headers on my mud truck and they have held up great. They don't see the kind of temps a tubine housing does though.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
It was just from memory of someone elses parts, I think their was a thread somewhere ( maybe psn or compd) where this topic was also being discuses and someone posted up with pictures of parts that were done with the jet hot and it looked nasty. When I get home I'll try to see if I can dig it up.

neverkickn

Reaction score
But how long can a coating actually last on an exhaust component. Eventually it has to burn off right?

If so is it really money well spent on a daily driver?

ytee

Reaction score
I have the outside of my H2E exhaust housing and the inside and outside of my exhaust manifolds, up pipes, turbo y, and down pipe Jet Hot coated. I can't really tell how much it helped because I had everything coated when I rebuilt the motor. All the parts don't seem to be nearly as hot as they used to be.

Chris

Lowdown89

Reaction score
It helps keep heat in the housing.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried Jet Hot coatings?

They want $200 to do a exhaust housing and adapter... I have my stock exhaust housing coated on my 38r coated and it seems to spool up a little quicker but it very well could be all in my head.... I sent my new 1.15 housing out to be coated by Kyle at strikers unlimited he is going to coat that and powder coat my compressor housing for me

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding someone who will coat the inside of my 38r 1.15 housing

Contact swain tech... They have a few coatings that could possibly be used on the inside I think the main thing is that if there is a failure with the coating they don't want problems that's why most places wont do it

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Empire put a flat black coating on my headers almost two years ago and looks great still. You'd mainly do the coating for appearance purposes, the theory is good but there's not enough factual data showing benefits vs. Cost

Latest posts

Members online