check engine light on, need help

6.0stroker

Reaction score
i bought a new truck abit ago and now it has the check engine light on, its a 2005 f250 6.0 with 100,000 miles, i pulled the codes and they are p0645,p0675 and p0678 can any one help me out and tell me wat they are?

e.nickkk

Reaction score
I would think you lost half of your glow plug relay on your passenger valve covr

Zmann

Reaction score
so two glow plugs and an A/C clutch relay issue

clear em and see what comes back

6.0stroker

Reaction score
i just cleared them with, does that mean i need 8 new glow plugs and a ac clutch realy?

Zmann

Reaction score
no that is saying two of 8 are bad
and not sure on the A/C

last number is the plug location like 0675 = #5

you might not miss 2 of 8 being down during the summer

the A/C might Be an anomoly but probably only the A/C set the CEL or perhaps having 2 GP's down VS one set it that IDK

Last edited:

Zmann

Reaction score
isnt it a good idea to change all 8 since i gotta do 2 of them?

there not pricey so I guess
if it was an Injector I would say No also I wouldn't take the code as Gospel sometimes it can be wiring ETC so a little trouble shooting Might be worth it

if you do the glow plugs get them from Sunrise Ford on Here for a discount /free ship and fitment guarantee

6.0stroker

Reaction score
ok sweet ill give them a call monday to get the glow plugs and thank u, i hope the ac clutch relay thing is just that $15 plug in one

Last edited:

Zmann

Reaction score
use the Fontana location

they are also a sponsor on here and have a great website you can use

6.0stroker

Reaction score
so the three codes still come up after i clear them p0645,p0675 and p0678 ,and now it has trouble starting in the morning but when i finally get it started it runs fine and starts fine for the rest of the day, im not sure if its glow plugs or the glow plug module and the ac relay code, my ac wount work either?

Alfie

Reaction score
Check the resistance of the suspect glow plug. If the resistance is about .1-2ohms its good and need a module. I usually check the resistance right off the glow plug connector. Green connector has odd number glow plugs and black has the even ones.

And or the AC you have an open circuit. It won't work til u fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online