Christmas coolant issues

Littleislander

Reaction score
Howdy everyone and Merry Christmas! Today I was driving my 2008 6.4 and I noticed it wasn't blowing any warm air, engine was warmed up but still blowing cold air. Roughly 15 minutes later I noticed that the temp was a few degrees higher than normal on my Spartan. I have been away with the Navy for the last while and just came home on leave so the truck hadn't been driven in 4 weeks so I assumed it could just be a stuck thermostat. It began to overheat when I left it to idle for a few minutes when I was grabbing some coffee for myself and my passenger. Other than that it was only running slightly warmer than normal at highway speeds. When I got home I popped the hood to look at things and my overflow tank was completely dry. It was full 5 days ago when I got home and I haven't really driven it much before the issues arose.

Littleislander

Reaction score
Haven't checked that yet. I have a warranty for another 40k. I'm tight with my local Ford so they may cover my gaskets. Probably have to do some fancy talking/begging. If it is the gaskets is there a place where I can get the ARP studs and OEM gaskets without having to buy the factory headbolts with the OEM gaskets?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.