Clutch ZF6

Overdrive

Reaction score
Hey guys
Eventually I'm going to have to replace my clutch. What's a good long lasting clutch? I don't race or beat on my truck . The only mods are in my sig.
I don't want a clutch that's gonna kill my leg. I do plan on towing a 5th wheel eventually when we buy one.

I looked into a few different brands. Any recommendations? This is just for future info.
Thank you

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would look into south bend, heard a lot of good things about them. Lo heard pedal effort is not increased a lot or at all. No.personal experience, just what ive heard.

jaybuller

Reaction score
The south bend I'm running has a huge increase in pedal effort, my old one (sb 3250 dd) was easy though but way more expensive

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
I have a south bend also.

Best advise, call south bend and tell them your power level or goals and tell them what you tow. They will advise on which clutch to get.

Off the top of my head Im not sure which one I got but its rated to 450HP and has a soft pedal but grabs good in higher RPM clutch drops.

Im in the clutch market again now. Had a fuel bowl malfunction the other night. Long story short I was spewing fuel everywhere, dripped into the bell housing and saturated the clutch disc. Now it slips like a mofo. Only has 10K on it...:fustrate:

ford_trck

Reaction score
I am on my second southbend mine is an 850HP clutch. But it grabbs in 4 hi off the redline in 3rd so I don't complain! Be honest with the guys what you do and what you will do and you will be happy with the clutch. Mine is grabby but for the higher power levels it has to be. Always be away that there is a trade off, low power not as grabby, high power and crazy driver will have to be grabby!

Overdrive

Reaction score
I don't plan on any modifications to increase power. Other than the mods I have there are no plans for injectors turbo or programmers. The stock clutch has 150,000 miles on it and still seems fine no slipping. I know eventually I will be replacing it. I'm not looking for a 650 hp racing clutch nor am I looking to make my left leg twice the size of my right leg. Just something all around driving and towing. The most off road the truck sees is logging or relatively graded dirt roads when I go hunting or snow if I'm going into mountains. Too big low and fat to go real off road