Codes

6speedsd

Reaction score
Decided to check for codes on my truck yesterday. Been running kinda rough lately. Having some stiction issues I think. Anyways, I had 4 codes. 2 were EGR codes. EGR is deleted. One was the KAM code (P0603). Other was the dreaded P0611 for FICM performance. I'm planning on checking FICM voltage tomorrow. Checked battery voltage today just to make sure it wasn't low and got 14v. Getting that code (P0611), does it typically mean my FICM is on it's way out? I did a quick check of the wiring today to see if I could find any chafing but didn't see anything. The harness was replaced under recall a while back before I got the truck.

And what is the deal with the KAM code? I read somewhere that it's typically set by removing the batteries or computer. Last time batteries were out was back in May.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Really? No one at all?

Well I took care of the FICM code. Checked my voltages. Key on it dropped to 25v. I found the write up about re-soldering all the circuits and decided to give it a go. Took longer to get all that amber colored chit peeled away from the resistors so I could solder them than it did to do the work. Took about 3 hours total to remove, re-solder, and reinstall. Once I had it back together, checked each voltage and got 48v all the way through. Awesome write up! Saved me a good chunk of money by not having to buy a new FICM.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Hopefully you put something back on there to re-stake the components so the vibration doesn't kill it again.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Yea I just remelted the surrounding areas and it covered it back up. I didn't have a heat gun, so it took a while with the wife's hair dryer.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.