Components

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
So I broke (broke not blew, it's weird) a speaker in my truck Sunday so it's time to replace at least 2 of them. I currently have Rockford prime series door speakers and kicker cvrs in 10's for bass.

I'm thinking that I want to do components in my doors this time around and move the 5x7's that are currently there to the back since that's where the broken speaker is. My problem is I know nothing about components at all, I know what I have now sounds good but I want it to be better. So what components do yall recommend?

Reaction score
Alpine Type S were recommended to me by a good friend. I like the sound, so I'm about to order some.

Depends on your ears, and what you want to spend.

Biggreen96

Reaction score
:whs: it all depends on what your budget is and what you listen too music wise. Go to a good stereo shop where they have displays and you can listen to different brands to help you choose .

clayton

Reaction score
Ive got Focal krx2 on the way for my front doors.
I also got some Hertz 2-ways (might put in rear doors).
Hertz, Focal, Hybrid, Morel, Arc, Audison, Seas, etc are all quality.

Vodomagoo

Reaction score
Focals all the way, my truck came with them front and back the big dollar ones are up in the front and wow are they awesome

imelmo

Reaction score
I've got Hertz in my truck and they sound awesome. Garrett told me about 'em He's got 'em in his truck too and they sound great.

jdc753

Reaction score
HSK165's are a great set. Normally I wouldn't recommend spending that much on speakers without an amplifier, its kinda like buying big injectors without a turbo, the speakers will work but not nearly to their potential.

Personally I would limit to the lower end components or coaxials. Alpine type R's are a good lower end set of Phoenix gold RSD65's

Latest posts

Members online