compression problem

Jzp6.0

Reaction score
So I parked my truck for 6 months I was not able to run the truck because I was out of state when I returned I changed oil fuel and fuel filter and in the 6 months of being gone I had a few parts I installed them went to start the truck and it would not start ficm good oil psi good motor just sounded weak took it to ford they said the ficm was bad but I just installed a new one when i got back then they said it was a ground they fixed that then they said 3 cylinders were low on compression and I needed a new motor but when I parked it it was fine so my question is how would the motor go bad when it wasn't run in the 6 months can a motor go bad from being parked

webb06

Reaction score
it cant. did you get the truck running? or is that what ford diagnosed as the problem for the no start?

Jzp6.0

Reaction score
That's what ford said for the no start they said 3 cylinders were low the rest were fine I can understand it won't start cause of low compression and it does sound weak but why would it have low compression now it was parked during winter also

mint-6oh

Reaction score
From the truck sitting that long without running the valves can stick/sieze in the heads and cause low comrpession (due to the open valves) which can cause a no start if enough cylinders are affected.

Jzp6.0

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking I asked them about that and they were like no that's not the problem should I find another shop and let them look it over and if that's the problem would it need new valves or just release the valves that are stuck

mint-6oh

Reaction score
A machine shop would probably be best to answer that question. I would think they would need to have the heads in frt of them to answer it though. If it was me I would atleast get an estimate to get yours checked/decked/repaired before I bought new heads

Last edited:

Jzp6.0

Reaction score
10/4 ya ford stuck me with a 1500 bill for nothing at all I guess ill pull my heads and see if I can't find a good shop in TN to take them to

webb06

Reaction score
You could pull the valve covers to see if the valve are sticking open yourself, by watching the rocker arms. Or find a reputable shop.

What did ford charge you $1500 for?!

Jzp6.0

Reaction score
Ya just have someone turn it over to see what valves ain't opening problem solved

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Ya just have someone turn it over to see what valves ain't opening problem solved

And smack the rockers that aren't moving with a rubber mallet. Had a junkyard motor I put in a honda once that was the same way. Freed the stuck valves and it ran like a top.

Latest posts

Members online