Computer issues?

topgun

Reaction score
So I just got my truck back from my local Ford dealership where honestly I feel as if I had the run a round. After being told my computer was fried I had to get a used one from EBAY. Not exactly what I wanted to do but its what I could afford. Ford "flashed" my computer and supposedly installed all of my old info to the new. I now have a low range, 4x4, ABS, and my parking brake lights are on, also my speedometer quit working en-route to the house from the dealer. I asked the dealer and they said it's probably not the computer and need to do further diagnostics, at this point I do not trust them and am at a wall. Anyone have any ideas? I have checked all of the fuses and none seem to be blown and there is no check engine light on or codes.

CCRICE

Reaction score
It has to be something they did with the programming I would think. Seems like those problems weren't there pre computer issue.. I think they are just retarded and shouldn't have given you the truck back with things like that on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bboteler

Reaction score
You know my vote, told you on the phone the other day. But I'm in agreement that new issues were created due to fords programming of the truck. You may wanna shoot PHP or one of the other vendors an email...some of those guys who do programming are ford computer guru's and may be able to steer you in the right direction. I'd be in the managers office in the morning and somebody would be fixing it on their dime!

Atsah

Reaction score
You know my vote, told you on the phone the other day. But I'm in agreement that new issues were created due to fords programming of the truck. You may wanna shoot PHP or one of the other vendors an email...some of those guys who do programming are ford computer guru's and may be able to steer you in the right direction. I'd be in the managers office in the morning and somebody would be fixing it on their dime!

Yup..

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Likely the PCM wasn't blank path programmed and is laced with corrupt information from the truck it originally came from if it is used. If I recall rightly a parameter reset will also need to be done to mate the cluster and PCM together also.