Computer issues!!!

topgun

Reaction score
Ok so I have had a lot of issues with my computer on my truck. First it went out so I purchased a used one, installed it and had it flashed and it had issues. The 4x4, abs, and brake light stay on and my speedo does not read. However I can hook up a scan tool to read my speed and it registers. I was told to purchase a new computer VIN specific so I did straight from Ford. I had it installed today and flashed as well but the problems are all still there. Any ideas of where to start next? :cursing: I have replaced so much possible stuff that this thing has gotten very expensive. It is a 2004 F-250 FX4 Lariat 6.0.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
need to look elsewhere. could be a wiring issue. possibly something chaffed or broke in the harness. if you've had that many computers and had one flashed, it should have been programmed correctly to your truck. getting one "vin specific" isnt going to change anything. the reprogram should have taken care of that. check the abs wiring connection for starters.

bboteler

Reaction score
what are the usual spot in the harness that chaff? is there somewhere speciific he should look??

topgun

Reaction score
I'll check there and get back to you as soon as I do. Thanks for the input.

Latest posts

Members online