Considering HyperTech E-Con...Your thoughts??

nick.sandvig

Reaction score
I am considering adding a HyperTech E-Con to my 1998 Ford E350 Club Wagon with a 7.3L in it. By far my main objective in doing so is to gain MPG. I am getting around 17 on the freeway now and would really like to see it 20+ if possible. Everything on the vehicle is stock and the torque and HP is sufficient for my needs. I dont have any heavy towing and primarily use the vehicle for long road trips (I’ve turned the van into a camper). I realize there may be slight gains in other ratings for the vehicle but Im really just worried about the MPG. I’v read some mixed reviews online so wanted to get your input.

I primary worry after reading online is that some users say their mpg actually dropped. I’m also concerned about this modication effecting the longevity of the vehicle. I see myself cruising in this van someday as a crusty old fisherman with a sweet old lady strapped in the passenger seat and lazy old dog in the back. I want this van to last a LOOOOOONG time.

What are your thoughts?? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Nick

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
I would just give Gearhead a call. They can do anything you would like. Pluss Matt is a awesome guy to deal with.

MossBack

Reaction score
Power struck has a single position chip for 150.

I added a 50hp for my boss and he really likes it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363058046.824331.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Arisley

Reaction score
Custom six position chip is the way to go. Tony Wildman gets my vote. But there are lots of good tuners on this forum. In fact they all are.

You are not going to get a lot better than that.

Latest posts

Members online