Coolant Flush Machines

DevilDocTater

Reaction score
So whats the deal with the coolant flush machines. I know how they work, we had them at the oil change shop i worked at back in High School. My question is, can i fill up the machine with distilled water thus flushing all the old coolant out till you have clear clean water coming out. Next drain system, pour in one gallon of restore top off with distilled water drive around for 3 hours so the restore can work. Next hook flush machine back up, fill up machine with distilled water and flush till clean. Then flush in your new coolant.......will this theory work?

Then i plan on replacing my oil cooler

Thanks

Wade

youngstroker

Reaction score
thats what i did on my truck, i flushed proubably 30 gallons of water, back flushing it with the machine. i did not use distilled water. i then put in a bottle of restore drove it for a week and flushed another 20-30 gallon threw it. i would not use the machine to flush the coolant in, i would drain it and fill with the correct amount, you will not know how much is going in. when i would flush in the water i literly had the hose in one tank and water flowing out the other (after i had collected all the coolant and dumped it in to a proper receptical), i ran in to a inproper coolat to water ratio the coolant in my truck frezzes at 0* so i have to park my truck in the garage at night.

uga33

Reaction score
Easiest flush for a 6.0:

Drain as much coolant as you can out.
Remove thermostat from housing and put housing back on truck.
Go get some heater hose from store and place a piece on both nipples heading back to the degas bottle.
Make sure it is long enough to reach into a container in front of truck.
Top truck off with water of choice.
Fire truck up.
Keep a steady flow poured into the degas bottle.
Watch the water coming out of the heater hose coming from radiator and intake manilfold nipples.
When you have nothing but clean water out you are done.
Drain radiator.
Reinstall thermostat.
Add 13.75 qts of coolant.
Top off with water.
Complete flush and perfect 50:50 mix.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.