Coolant hose

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
I just found out today I was losing coolant. I hopped out of the truck after about a 30 minute commute and smoke started pouring from the hood. I looked down and saw a stream of coolant being poured out on to my driveway. I popped the hood and looked for where it was coming from and it's coming from my heater hose. The hose (rubber) was touching a bolt on the FICM and I guess it melted it. It looks a little difficult to replace being it runs along the firewall. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do and the easiest route I should take?

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I just found out today I was losing coolant. I hopped out of the truck after about a 30 minute commute and smoke started pouring from the hood. I looked down and saw a stream of coolant being poured out on to my driveway. I popped the hood and looked for where it was coming from and it's coming from my heater hose. The hose (rubber) was touching a bolt on the FICM and I guess it melted it. It looks a little difficult to replace being it runs along the firewall. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do and the easiest route I should take?

easy fix would be a double ended brass hose barb n good clamps, cut the hose in the middle of the hole and put the splice in

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

webb06

Reaction score
easy fix would be a double ended brass hose barb n good clamps, cut the hose in the middle of the hole and put the splice in

^^^This...or you can replace the whole piece. It's really not that hard to do if you have smaller arms like me. I doubt it melted the hose. I'm sure it just got a small pin hole rubbed in it from that bolt holding the FICM

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
^^^This...or you can replace the whole piece. It's really not that hard to do if you have smaller arms like me. I doubt it melted the hose. I'm sure it just got a small pin hole rubbed in it from that bolt holding the FICM

Come to think of it, that's exactly what it was.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
I personally would replace the whole hose and then wrap it in a breaded sleeve. Working at a dealership I see it a lot and that is what we do for customers.

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
I personally would replace the whole hose and then wrap it in a breaded sleeve. Working at a dealership I see it a lot and that is what we do for customers.

I will eventually do that when I have time. I ended up doing what fordfreak suggested for a quick fix because I needed to get my truck back on the road for work. It took about 10 minutes and she's back rocking.

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
Well since we're already on topic of coolant on my truck, I might as well add to this thread.

When I pulled up to the house from work, I smelled coolant again. I popped the hood to see a pin sized hole in the very bottom of the coolant reservoir. I talked to my local auto part store and they won't have one until the morning.

Is there anything I need to worry about? I've heard that coolant leaks are signs of your gaskets going.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Well since we're already on topic of coolant on my truck, I might as well add to this thread.

When I pulled up to the house from work, I smelled coolant again. I popped the hood to see a pin sized hole in the very bottom of the coolant reservoir. I talked to my local auto part store and they won't have one until the morning.

Is there anything I need to worry about? I've heard that coolant leaks are signs of your gaskets going.

if coolant is blowing out of the degas cap yes, the pinhole in your tank is probably just from detioration of the tank from heat

Latest posts

Members online