coolant smell out of vents with ac on

junglejoe

Reaction score
Howdy folks... Truck has been doing great!! BUT... went down south yesterday and its a hot sum beech as everyone knows.. But anyway, was going up a long steep hill/mountain(not pulling anything) and boost was at like 20psi or so. I didn't have it floored or any of that.. but then I smelled coolant (the stank coolant smell) coming out of the ac vents. Then it went away! !I was like WTF!! Maybe its the car in front of me... so got to the top of the hill, all is good. Headed back later that day.. all is well. OIL temp was sky rocketed compared to coolant temp.. 230 oil temp versus 200coolant temp. Didn't smell the coolant smell the whole way back. Got back into town and was sitting at a red light, so I floored it, BAMM! That smell again, but it only lasted for seconds. I get home pop the hood, Let it cool off. (never ran hot or attempted too!!) Looked around, nothing wet or no smell of coolant. Pop off the D-gas cap, it's two quarts low on coolant. Was a very small about of "white drops" around and on the D-gas bottle,. you know, like it spewed out some of the lid maybe. Never has been low before.. what could be going on...?? Truck has 108k miles and bone stock other than Livewire ,Tune and exhaust.
" THANKS IN ADVANCE"

Last edited:

junglejoe

Reaction score
Think I figured out what it is, degas bottle is cracked,,, have a new one on the way

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.