cryogenically treated transmission shafts

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
I'm getting my 4R100 rebuilt soon with red eagle alto racing clutches, steel kolenes, etc. But I'm debating on cryogenically treating the input, inetmediate, and output shafts. Anyone done this? and how durable do they become?

JDub

Reaction score
I'm getting my 4R100 rebuilt soon with red eagle alto racing clutches, steel kolenes, etc. But I'm debating on cryogenically treating the input, inetmediate, and output shafts. Anyone done this? and how durable do they become?

Durable enough to support low 11's and high 10's at the track...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF3Myc9w7OQ

That white truck has never had a billet shaft in the transmission. Just cryo treated stock ones. They even held up to the infamous rear axle bunny hop, transfer case broke, but the transmission survived. We have an in-house cryo processor, let us know if we can help
jumptruck.jpg

Last edited:

juniort444e

Reaction score

How good of quality are those parts. Im looking at some raybestos clutch paks right now. Just not sure which route i want to go.

Latest posts

Members online