Curious if true

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Not sure if this is where to put this but here goes... I was told if a quart of transmission fluid was added to a tank of fuel it would "lubricate" everything. Possibly even fixed seals that are out in a turbo... Any truth?

duddy

Reaction score
I would be careful adding anything that would tint the fuel red! doubt it will do anything for the turbo, may be ok for older engines, but with tolerances getting tighter I would think it would do more harm than good on the newer engines. just my opinion tho

RescueF250

Reaction score
Not gonna hurt a 6.0. I run super tech 2 stroke outboard motor oil TCW-3 in my fuel, oz per gallon. Definitely increases my mileage but I really can't say anything about seals.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
:whs:

the red of the tranny fluid will sorta look like farm fuel but the tests will not turn a positive. but i see no advantage to doing it anyway.

JD3020

Reaction score
Don't think the ATF will work as a lubricant, more like a solvent. So it well help to clean out some crap. Not gonna do a damn to the turbo or anything else since its not in the oil, only in the fuel.

As for the red tint, we have never had a truck dipped nor i have ever personally heard of somebody being dipped.

Mud digger

Reaction score
ATF in your fuel will do little for lubrication, more for cleaning. It's definitely not going to fix something that is already broken.

Latest posts

Members online