Current CED customer project: 02 7.3 coil spring convertion with Carli,Deaver and PMF

Jomax

Reaction score
No need, carli makes a radius arm drop bracket.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
As far as articulation yes or wheel hop in a puller truck. But nothing wrong with the radius arms. We talked about adding a 4 link but decided the factory arms would do for now. And he can add them later if he wants to.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Good to know. I will say that my biggest objection to the drop brackets is the look. I think that the 4 link just looks a lot cleaner.

I can not comment on how the ride would differ, if at all, as I have not yet had any personal experience with either. Yet.

Jomax

Reaction score
Good to know. I will say that my biggest objection to the drop brackets is the look. I think that the 4 link just looks a lot cleaner.

I can not comment on how the ride would differ, if at all, as I have not yet had any personal experience with either. Yet.

Body roll, I'll take a 3link or radius arms over 4link..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Yup 4 link will roll more but that also means it's more limber and articulated better. But nothing that can't be fixed with an aftermarket sway bar

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
image_zps63c877c4.jpg

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
Yup 4 link will roll more but that also means it's more limber and articulated better. But nothing that can't be fixed with an aftermarket sway bar

I don't know how big the Hellwig bars are, but I put one on mine of a 08 F-550. It took care of the body roll after my 4link.

If he does any type of boosted launches or sled pulling he is going to want a 4link. IMO.

I also put on a 06 F-350 rear sway bar, because they are about 10x bigger then a stock 08, and stay above the rear. I've got the same traction bars and it was all a bolt in deal. Plus, I couldn't beat the price..in comparison to Hellwigs. :thumbsup:

Here is pic of the difference between the 08 250 and 550 front bar.

IMG_1009.jpg

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
Looks like it has some travel! What's with the rear axle being so far forward?

The Deaver springs move the rear axle in an arc. Under droop, the rear axle moves forward to keep the driveshaft happy. I thought it looked kind of odd too, but it is only slightly forward at ride height compared to stock.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.