D66 billet wheels

JD3020

Reaction score
I know PHP has done testing with the WWG2 and 38r, and Barders have done their own billet wheel/D66, but has there been any other tests/comparisons done with the D66's? It seems like i read somewhere that Bob, or Clay, is making a D66 specific wheel, but now i can't even find that thread. I'm getting a D66 next week and trying to figure out if i wanna stick with the stock wheel, or go billet.

JD3020

Reaction score
D66 uses a 38r wheel

Yes, i know that. But i remember reading that the 38r housing is ported, while the D66 isn't. That could cause the D66 to surge with the new billet wheels, so somebody was making a D66 specific wheel to prevent surge. Or something like that, its been a while since i read it and i had no intentions of getting a D66 at the time, so i didn't pay a ton of attention to it.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Yes, i know that. But i remember reading that the 38r housing is ported, while the D66 isn't. That could cause the D66 to surge with the new billet wheels, so somebody was making a D66 specific wheel to prevent surge. Or something like that, its been a while since i read it and i had no intentions of getting a D66 at the time, so i didn't pay a ton of attention to it.

I believe diesel site was the one working on that.

I put a ww2 in a 38r all it did for me was cure surge.

Nodge

Reaction score
I have a 38R WW for my D66, but they are both sitting on a shelf, so it's not much help to you.

Subbed.

JD3020

Reaction score
I believe diesel site was the one working on that.

I put a ww2 in a 38r all it did for me was cure surge.

So your 38r surged? And you didn't notice any other gains/improvements at all?

I'll have to e-mail Bob and see if i can get some info on it, the last thing i wanna do is put this turbo on and have some surge. I've been running a SD wheel in my OBS turbo, pushing it past 40psi, so i've gotten to know what surge is. And of course my cure for surge has been more fuel. LOL

rat49f6

Reaction score
Riffraffs 38r wheel is the stacked blade design so that one should not have the surging issues in the d66

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

jwlandry

Reaction score
i spoke with dieselsite this past week and the girl i spoke with said that they should have the d66 specific ww2s one day next week. She told me that a 38r ww2 will work but i could possibly see surge issues in higher boost.

Latest posts

Members online