Daily driving on tow tune?

Armybyrd

Reaction score
I just got my ******** tunes-tow, street and hot street. Out of the three I think I'm going to stay in the tow tune most of the time. Does anyone else prefer the tow tune? The hot street seemed to keep the engine around 1700-2k rpm most of the time even if I was only going around 40mph so I don't think that would be wise for fuel efficiency and daily driving. I know it's a big truck and I shouldn't expect much with the 6.4 btw.

Rubenk

Reaction score
I leave mine set on kill 24/7. I usually prefer higher shift points too so it doesnt lug around.

Torque

Reaction score
The only time my truck has ever been in tow tune was from August to now, because I'm deployed and my wife is driving it from time to time. Other than that it stays on the 300 tune.

78f100

Reaction score
Bigger tune should net better mileage, I never run a tow tune on my 6.4 unless I'm towing...
I have a 6.0 with a blown head gasket, it stays on tow until I stud it then it will be back on race unless it's towing.
I have a few ambulances we work on that are 6.4s we have them on a tow tune with speed limiter now, because the boss brought them back and asked us to slow them down... one of his guys was caught on GPS at 113mph.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.