Dash doesn't work and weird electrical problem

Noonman350

Reaction score
So I just got my truck back together after an oil pan fix, and I'm having two issues. When I got it started, I let it idle for a while. At first I reved it up and all the gauges on the dash were working. I let it sit, and came back out to the shop and nothing works. No RPM gauge, battery, temp... Nothing. I've also had a weird electrical problem. There is a clicking in the can and a buzzing sound sometimes from under the dash. Also, my headlights turn on and off unless I have them on. In that case I just get the clicking sound. Any help would be great, thanks!!

Noonman350

Reaction score
Battery connections are clean, and I sprayed all connections with electrical cleaner. I should have checked the fuses first but I was tired. I'll check after work

Arisley

Reaction score
Battery connections are clean, and I sprayed all connections with electrical cleaner. I should have checked the fuses first but I was tired. I'll check after work

Spray will not clean battery connections. Brush them off with a wire brush until they shine.

Check and clean all electrical connections. I bet most of them have not even been looked at since it was built.

Noonman350

Reaction score
I sprayed and cleaned them with my battery terminal brush. I'll do a once over on the connections with the cleaner. I thought I got them all when I pulled the motor. But I might have missed a few

Noonman350

Reaction score
Got the gauge cluster to work. But I'm still having this weird electrical problem. All the lights in my cab, my tail and head lights all click on and off and a clicking sounds like a relay. If I turn the lights on, then the clicking stays but the lights don't flicker on and off.

Golddigger

Reaction score
If it'a an auto, the wires going into the shifter can short out by rubbing on the column and cause instrument cluster problems.

Noonman350

Reaction score
It's a manual. And it's been in a shop for the last 6 months, so I don't think leaks in the windshield could do it. But I don't have a radio at the moment, but when the instrument cluster turn off the windows won't roll down either

mustube

Reaction score
Make sure the 3 bulkhead wiring connectors right next to the pcm connector are bolted down all the way.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.