dash removal for gauges

jrex2506

Reaction score
I am building a custom gauge pod and wanting to mount them on my dash where the divider is half way across the middle of the dash. anyways, how hard is it to remove the piece that covers the defrost vents next to the windshield. just wanting to do something new and not the normal places. I would like to remove it to run the wires out of sight without having to drill holes or anything in the top of the dash and really don't want to remove half the front just to get to it either.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Same as every dash from every vehicle, if what you want to remove doesnt pop out with some medium pressure prying on the corners then you need to start with removing the screw covers on the top layer and then remove parts till you get where you wanna be.

Make sure the cab is warm, that plastic likes to break easily when cold.

jrex2506

Reaction score
ok was looking for a diagram but will look at it tomorrow and see what I can do.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
You probly could find a diagram somewhere but imo its not worth the time. Yojll have the dash apart fast, just dont loose any screws and put it back together same as it came apart or itll squeek and/or vibrate.

Latest posts

Members online