dead airdog shrapnel

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Has anyone pulled a filter off their airdog and found springs/objects of some sort in the filter?

This pic was taken immediately after pulling the filter. Airdog 2.

pa3ygugy.jpg

4tonGT40

Reaction score
Has anyone pulled a filter off their airdog and found springs/objects of some sort in the filter?

This pic was taken immediately after pulling the filter. Airdog 2.

pa3ygugy.jpg

never, all the units they have taken a dump on us just out right stopped working. They have great customer service though, if its under warranty give them a call with your serial number and they will mail out a new tower.

MorganY

Reaction score
Now I have to call them again. I pulled the filter to replace the motor again and found this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

java

Reaction score
That sucks! I would send mine to you but it could only make 30psi when I took it off.

MorganY

Reaction score
I was able to fix it. Those pieces sit up against the inside of the filter, some sort of a stop i'm guessing. Freaked out when I first saw them sitting in there like that.

New motor installed (3rd one now) from Airdog. It was popping fuses, probably from the blockage from the filter and the pieces.

One thing that needs to be noted is that Airdog uses a different motor now than the two I have. Josh @ pureflow sent me the new one and said he did not need a core back like usual.. and stated that they fixed all of their problematic issues.

This one primed like it should have right as I popped it in and cracked the filter, unlike my last two.

It sounds entirely different now than the other two as well. Josh said I wouldn't have any problems, we will see though. If not, I still have a backup behind my seat ;)

AKHILF

Reaction score
That's good to hear. My second one just went out yesterday and I called to late today. Do they want the serial number off the filter base or off the motor? I forget. I hope motor so I dont have to pull the whole assembly down to see the serial on the base.

MorganY

Reaction score
That's good to hear. My second one just went out yesterday and I called to late today. Do they want the serial number off the filter base or off the motor? I forget. I hope motor so I dont have to pull the whole assembly down to see the serial on the base.

The new one is nice. Runs different. They want the serial number off of the base. Its right there. Shouldnt have to pull anything

MorganY

Reaction score
Did your old pump hold pressure fine before it died? Does this one hold pressure better?

Pressure is a few psi higher. That is from the new fuel filter though. The pump didnt actually die, pressure was still good. The filter stops that fell off clogged the flow so the pump was pulling too big of an amp draw and kept popping fuses.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I have mine inside the frame water separator to the rear. I'm almost positive the serial number is towards the frame. I bought this ad2 about a year and a half ago I don't know if they changed where the serial number is.

I had to change motors on the side of the road at -10 yesterday. My first pump (the one I put back in yesterday) fried fuses left and right. Called them up and they sent me a new one. This new pump (the second pump iv had) was fine pretty much always. Then all of a sudden yesterday it dropped pressure completely. 0 psi truck was still running, if I revved up the motor it would come up to around 8 psi. Check the fuses, they where fine. Took a test light to the harness right before and after the connector for the motor and had power and ground but the motor won't turn on.

Put the old motor in and right back to 65 psi. I'll call and get a new motor on the way tomorrow. I'd just like to not have to pull the base off in negative weather to see the serial number if possible.

Last edited:

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Not trying to get off topic but I have 190/75's and my 165 air dog cant keep up. On my third motor set to on the airdog and I have it set at 65psi, on a good pull it brings it down to 30 when I let off. What am I doing wrong? Is my RR screwing me over you think?

Pressure is a few psi higher. That is from the new fuel filter though. The pump didnt actually die, pressure was still good. The filter stops that fell off clogged the flow so the pump was pulling too big of an amp draw and kept popping fuses.

MorganY

Reaction score
Not trying to get off topic but I have 190/75's and my 165 air dog cant keep up. On my third motor set to on the airdog and I have it set at 65psi, on a good pull it brings it down to 30 when I let off. What am I doing wrong? Is my RR screwing me over you think?

No. My AD2 holds 65psi all day with 275/100s. Call Josh at pure flow and have him send you their updated units. Should require no core.

Latest posts

Members online