Decided going with 38R... Have some ?'s

Lang

Reaction score
So after A LOT of reading going with 38R, IH Bellowed Uppies, and deleted pedestal. What site sponsors carry these? Also ceramic coating... Is it worth it? I live in rainy/salty South FL.

Also looking on Riffraff it comes with 4in inlet hose... Assuming intake? And can my 6637 filter fit with this? Or should I look at different intake/filter?

Parts list:
Turbo
Turbo/pedestal o-rings
Blank pedestal
High flow outlet
IH Uppies
Missing anything?

Lang

Reaction score
Anddd once deleted with pedestal will cleaning the sensor "improve" mileage?

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
We've got a 38r in stock also have the deleted pedestal and high flow intake. Pm me if interested.

Last edited:

smokin99stroke

Reaction score
6637 filter will fit 4 inch pipe. If you're getting a non ebpv pedestal I assume you'll want to get the ebpv flap out of your exhaust outlet. You can buy one without the flap or just delete it yourself with a freeze plug

Edit just saw the outlet on your parts list. Oops

Tom S

Reaction score
I got my 38r from David and was very happy with the transaction.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I got my 38r from David and was very happy with the transaction.

Same here. I bought DI one piece up pipes, high flow outlet, 38r, non-ebpv pedestal, and an AFE stage 2 intake from DI. One of the best setups I've ever ran on a street truck. 500rwhp and towed like nobody's business.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Pretty sure mine are DI up pipes. On the truck when I bought it. Looks like them though. I really like the one piece vs the stock setup.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ghohouston

Reaction score
I had bellowed international up pipes, d.I. headers, 38r, and 238/100's, and gearhead tunes, and loved it all! The 38r did get a little noisy, but was a great turbo

DocBar

Reaction score
If you're hellbent on this direction, definitely spend the extra $$ on the WW2. A stock 38R will drive a normal human being nucking futs on a long pull. Plus the WW2 adds to the performance, which is always a plus. :D

TyCorr

Reaction score
You'll be happy towing. But I.wanted more top end fuel.wise.while.empty. I ran 80 and 100% nozzles on my 175s. The 38r is noisy though they are.correct. Around 5psi it'll.drive you nuts.

Latest posts

Members online