did i mess up my truck?

NCPowerStroke

Reaction score
i have an 04 f250 6.0 powerstroke.

any ways i was riding on the farm, and got in to a mudhole.i flipped on four wheel drive and as i started driving out my truck made a grinding noise. i cut off 4wheel drive and it still felt like it was driving in 4wheel drive. once i got on the highway i start hearing a deep whistling noise only when i stepped on the pedal. (not like a turbo whistle, much more deep.) what do you guys think

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I'd look at the coolant bottle. Not for the grinding noise but for the low pitched whistle. That or a cracked ic boot

NCPowerStroke

Reaction score
sorry for my lack of info guys, i was frustrated. but i let my truck sit for about an hour and a half then i went and drove it about 30min. it rode perfectly fine. i drove it this morning and it drove great. maybe theres nothing wrong with it after all. im pretty sure i was over reacting

Atsah

Reaction score
Sounds like you put it 4x4 to late and then you didn't let it come back out properly.. When you engage 4x4 it takes a little bit to go in and go back out.. If you turn your steering wheel all the way one side or the other, does the truck jump?