Diesel leak.

BigStack04

Reaction score
Just got an 04 6.0 with pretty low miles. When I got home from work the other day noticed a spot on the driveway climbed under the truck and there is a bit of diesel dripping onto the front axle. Not a whole lot but enough to leave a few drops. I'm not too familiar with powestrokes especially new ones. If y'all have any suggestions as to where to look for this leak It would be much appreciated. I know my way around an engine but this is a whole new ball game for me.

Reaction score
Like 05wh250 said... Try following lines from the heads back to the filter housing and then back to the frame from there. make sure all banjo bolts are tight and have copper washers on them.

Irontx

Reaction score
Another thing.... the PIP gasket that goes in the fuel pressure regulator cover on the fuel filter housing is prone to leaking.

BigStack04

Reaction score
Gonna take a few pics cause I just don't see anything up top that could leak down to where the drip is

BigStack04

Reaction score
Ok I've narrowed it down to drivers side at least above the pulley on the lower drivers side behind that is a plug which I noticed was shiny and sure enough it had fuel on it all around the pigtail

BigStack04

Reaction score
Well I've narrowed it down haven't found it yet couldn't get the lower cool pipe on drivers side off to get back there

thatoneguy

Reaction score
The fuel pressure regulator is the most common. Pop the hood, engine running and watch the spoon shaped fuel pressure regulator right above the t-Stat housing. You will probably see it dripping right at the bottom.

Last edited:

BigStack04

Reaction score
So it wasn't at the spoon but I did climb under while it was running. It's all wet around the number2 cyl exhaust manifold I can see bubbles while it's running so I'm assuming the gasket is shot.
ea5e056117259399319fed4ff479a87c.jpg

05wh250

Reaction score
It could be one of the hard lines with a hole in it. I would say pull the air filter out of your way and have someone turn the key on for you. Don't need it running, and I wouldn't drive it if its spraying the exhaust manifold.

BigStack04

Reaction score
Ok I believe it is the banjo on the driver's side. After following the fuel lines with my hand that is the highest point that had fuel around it.

BigStack04

Reaction score
Well just installed every thing and it now runs at a max of 3k rpms. Torque spec are correct. Lines are all tiight Idk Wtf happened. Now absolutely no leaks visable yet runs like crap when you smash the gas

webb06

Reaction score
Well just installed every thing and it now runs at a max of 3k rpms. Torque spec are correct. Lines are all tiight Idk Wtf happened. Now absolutely no leaks visable yet runs like crap when you smash the gas

Is fuel still leaking?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.