Diesel mechanic s/e Michigan

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
I need to find a reputable mechanic in my area. Sooner the better. Thanks

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
Good luck. They are out there. Bad part is, for every good one, there are three that think they are good, one that knows he is bad, and two that are OK but all they care about is ripping you for every dime they can get.

Decker

Reaction score
if you are looking for a shop, The only two I could recommend are hallas performance (Romeo) and DNR customs (Casco). Not sure if Hallas still does walk ins but I know dnr does. DNR does really good work and has great customer service!

Arisley

Reaction score
Wow, I new Michigan was rural, but I sure thought there was more than one airport there.

Sorta like saying I am close to the rodeo arena when someone asks where I am in TX.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Never mind on the mechanic.
Fixed it Saturday. Broken flexplate, and Detroit metro airport. Only international airport in the state. Forget to specify sometimes. Usually people know what I mean.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Currently looking for one myself.
Chasing a issue and don't have time to troubleshoot it.
Did you find anyone reputable near you?
Im just south of Ann Arbor on US-23.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Northwest diesel and performance seem like pretty knowledgeable people. Backed up about a week. I'm learning that anyone not backed up at least a couple days isn't worth going to.
They don't do transmission work though. They will send it out if it needs anything internal done.

2001 F-250 cclb
7.3l 4x4
forged rods,
ebpv, muffler, dp80hp dd.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Mike's Diesel or T&A Diesel are the only two shops I will take anything ford to in this state. As for Trans, take it to Sky High Performance in Lansing. They built one for Ryan Anderson, me and tons of other Ford trans. Most shops in MI source them from SHP

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Left Mike a message after hours and he called me back a few minutes later... most don't know how to call back or update customer's so I'll give him a try. Let you guys know in about a week.

2001 F-250 cclb
7.3l 4x4
forged rods,

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Left Mike a message after hours and he called me back a few minutes later... most don't know how to call back or update customer's so I'll give him a try. Let you guys know in about a week.

2001 F-250 cclb
7.3l 4x4
forged rods,
Him and his Shop manager are great to deal with. Let me know how it goes, I'm there 2-3 times a week.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Communication hasn't been great but they have been very thorough so far and prices are fair.
Looks like the last place I took it to just cut the dowel pins flush with the block when they replaced the flexplate.
Mikes diesel was kind enough to send pictures and do a detailed write up on it for me.
Does anyone know if it's worth hiring a lawyer to go after them to cover this repair and what they charged me last time, or do you just show them your pictures and paperwork and tell them the y need to or your taking them to court? No experience with this kinda thing.

2001 F-250 cclb
7.3l 4x4
forged rods,

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
And as far as communication, I know they are swamped to their ass in work right now. All the trucks behind the shop are new trucks that have been dropped off this/ end of last month. And they are down a lead tech. He went for a family business venture. So Lucas Tilley has been answering the phone, scheduling, ordering parts, and diagnosing trucks. They are in the process of finding another guy, just takes time to find some one worth hiring.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Yeah I've been taking to Lucas. Tiger truck repair in romulus.

2001 F-250 cclb
7.3l 4x4
forged rods,

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
He's shot straight with me and been thorough with the work so far so that's definitely good. Another shop to avoid is priority truck in Taylor.

2001 F-250 cclb
7.3l 4x4
forged rods,

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.