Difference in noise level?

zack birge

Reaction score
Between street tuning and race tuning? Why is it that the motor noise is so much less than the race tuning? It seems like the motor noise is much louder when running the race tunes.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
Between street tuning and race tuning? Why is it that the motor noise is so much less than the race tuning? It seems like the motor noise is much louder when running the race tunes.

has to due with injection timing.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
I see. Can it be tweaked with mcc to quiet it down?

If you do that then it won't run as good, I've been doing a lot of tuning on Ben's truck and its getting louder and louder with the more duration I throw at it but its getting more fuel but its getting tricky and driving me insane :fustrate: , but i think i might have found that sweet spot!!! It runs amazing and its getting great fuel mileage :biggun:

Nic

Reaction score
Just like tuning for the 7.3s. Have you ever heard a "drive thru" tune lever for one? It knocks the voltage down and it becomes quite a bit more quiet. Same concept in a way except in the opposite direction for yours.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If you do that then it won't run as good, I've been doing a lot of tuning on Ben's truck and its getting louder and louder with the more duration I throw at it but its getting more fuel but its getting tricky and driving me insane :fustrate: , but i think i might have found that sweet spot!!! It runs amazing and its getting great fuel mileage :biggun:

is that great fuel mileage over stock or in general for a tuned truck? with or without deletes?

live life full throttle

11STROKER

Reaction score
what increases are youseeing in mileage?

I have run Dan's tunes from SPE,Eric's tunes from innovative the standard hs tunes they are all great tunes, however will and I have tested until 12 or 1 every morning and have made the tunes in my truck flawless. Fuel economy is great throttle response is great and the power feels good. im not sure how the trans shifts would be in another truck. I have the feeling they would be a little firm due to the fact that my truck has been tuned to shift HARD for so long

zack birge

Reaction score
I want to try it so bad! I'm trying every tune possible and can't get a decen mileage file. And I'm on stock tire size now. I've ran Erics tune, dans tunes, cfds tunes, and the stock tunes

Latest posts

Members online