dirty turbo

89 Stroker

Reaction score
recently my 6.0 has been acting up, the turbo will intermediately work and not work, driving around it will randomly stop working, shut it off then it will work again, it threw 5 different codes which all related back to the turbo shutting off, so i cleared the codes and it has been running fine, asked my buddy at the dealer and he says the truck is pushing 22 psi into the motor, which is only supposed to push 16 or something like that and its at risk of blowing the head gaskets, long story short they say the turbo is sticking and it needs to be cleaned anyone had this problem?

sootie

Reaction score
ya-just split it and clean it. no big deal-happens all the time.

equalizier

Reaction score
Bleach white works really well you also may want to look into a ccv crank case ventilation set up.It keeps the oil out of the intake tract and turbo of course and your turbo will love you for it.

89 Stroker

Reaction score
cracked the Unison ring getting it off, ended up being rusted to the turbo completely, anyone have any recommendations on where to buy one?

equalizier

Reaction score
cracked the Unison ring getting it off, ended up being rusted to the turbo completely, anyone have any recommendations on where to buy one?

I think I have an extra one how's 20 bucks sound to you I can send it priority
mail if you want just let me know or pm me.

89 Stroker

Reaction score
we got a unison ring, thanks for the reply though, got the turbo back on and found out the Turbo inlet duct that the ccv connects to is worn on the turbo side, dealer says there's a nation wide back order for them anyone have a spare?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.