Diy fuel system questions.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Doing a home built job, using a 5/8 pickup tube, I was going drill the metal cap next to the stock pickup tube for the location but I'm wondering if I need to put anything on the bottom of the tube screen or anything, and then how far up off the bottom should I cut the tube, 1/4-1/2 inch ?

sent while looking at a hole in my block

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Normally when do them I'll set them an 1/8th inch off the bottom, and then v-notch the end so it can still pull fuel if it sucks down to the bottom of the tank.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
why not sump it?

I have the stuff to do a pickup tube already, I guess that's the only reason, hope that's ok.

Can I run filters between the tank and the pump(s) I'm not real smart about these pumps.. I know pumps push good but suck bad. Would sucking through 2 filters ( 2 micron final) be too much ?

sent while looking at a hole in my block

Reaction score
I would at the very least go 5/8 to the filter to take advantage of the pick up tube....my set up is 5/8 all the way to the heads and 3/8 for the ride back..maybe a little over done but my fuel lab wont need to work so hard...ill know for sure in a couple weeks when I finally get her running..

chris89

Reaction score
I made the kit for him and when I bought it I based everything off of how the irate kit is.

Arisley

Reaction score
Mine, is 5/8 from the tank to the pre-filter. 3/8 to both pumps and to the second filter. 5/8 to the heads. I use the stock feed line for a return line. I have it plumbed in the tank to dump as far back from the pickup as possible. I made the draw straw the same length as the original and I modified the pickup tube to fit on the 5/8 straw.

chris89

Reaction score
What he has is 1/2" from the second filter to the y fitting the 3/8 to the heads.

psduser1

Reaction score
This is hw I did mine, used the 5/16 return line, works just fine. Dual stock pumps, feeding stock injectors. I'm going to run the same setup with the bigger injectors.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
How many gph is the stock pump good for?

Buddy had a walbro pump laying on the shelf he got me a deal on. Looks like its 225 lph which is around 60gph @60psi. Would that work ok with a stocker or do they need to flow the same

sent while staring at a windowed block

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Al, Im thinking using the stock pump, stock wiring, just splicing into them and making the plug long enough to reach the pump location.
Then running a separate relay for the walbro, no connector just two studs (-.+)

I have a left over relay from my AIH delete, can I use this for the pump relay

Southmike

Reaction score
Al, Im thinking using the stock pump, stock wiring, just splicing into them and making the plug long enough to reach the pump location.
Then running a separate relay for the walbro, no connector just two studs (-.+)

I have a left over relay from my AIH delete, can I use this for the pump relay

oi would not do it that way.
way to much draw amperage wise for oem wires.
if I follow what you are doing.
you need to run a separate line to the walbro.
use the relay from the stocker. to turn walbro (or second pump) on and off.

but I would keep the pumps the same ie.. replace the stocker with one walbro...run two stocks or two walbros.

dennis sells a good wire harness and relay for that sort of thing.

Latest posts

Members online