DIY regulated return ?

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to diesels. I've owned my 2000 f250 for about 10 months. It's got 4" exhaust php 6 pos chip 6637 filter and gauges. Ive noticed it leaks a little around the fuel bowl when the temperature drops. So I want to build a regulated return. I was just wandering if I could remove the fuel bowl and tie the new system into the existing fuel lines? And if so where to splice into the return line and put the regulator? Any info or tips are welcome. Thanks.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
By the time you get done dicking with it, you will have more money into it then if you just bought a kit...

If you delete the fuel bowl you need to add filters on the frame as well.

With stock injectors, I would just fix your fuel bowl leak and move on.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I knew with the fuel bowl delete I would have to add filters. But all the kits ive seen are around 700$ or more. And I'm unsure of what the fuel bowl problem is since it only happens in cold weather (25 and below).

KYkickinit

Reaction score
Thank you for the link. Just out of curiosity anyone have a link to the regulator that people use? Tax time is getting close and I'm hoping to upgrade injectors and turbo with my refund.

chris89

Reaction score
Why do the kits remove the oem feed line? What's wrong with them?

Reaction score
:whs:
send Jap a PM..he will set you up at a great price
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3847&page=4

DI kit with a DIY bowl delete..., these hoses do not burn,kink or chafe... you could wire tie it to the exhaust and not ever worry.. there is also a 38 R ,a EBV deleted pedestal and a high flow outlet in there that DI gave me a great deal on...

[/

Reaction score
Dennis builds a very nice kit..i got his bowl delete with SS line to feed the front..i also have his banjo bolts....cant wait to put them on...good point on the bio...i have run B10 though mine but not full time like you do..you also run higher then B10...i wish we could get the good stuff up here..

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Not running Bio these days. Have to replace all my fuel line. Right now its all nice and soft and bubbly!

psduser1

Reaction score
For a few dollars more, Irate makes a nice hardline kit, also. Can't go wrong with either setup, I have one of each. Talk to both, see if they can set you up with the filters at the same time.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
If Irates kit would hard mount the regulator (maybe it does now?) I would agree. Just dont like the idea of the regulator hanging around up there.

Latest posts

Members online