Do tuned super duty's smoke more than tuned OBS?

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
A guy on the highway got me thinking today... it was a stockish super duty, w/6" stack, decent little lift and maybe 35" tires. He had gauges, and when he hit it, it would smoke pretty decent... far more than my OBS.

Now, I realize that there are weak (read: crappy) tunes, but they also have much larger injectors stock.

So my question is, do SD's w/ a tune smoke pretty decent... enough to lay down a mildly thick trail down the highway? Or do you guys think he might had injectors? I'm leaning towards no on that one because it was pretty slow.

02BigD

Reaction score
Tuning plays a huge roll in the whole equation. Back in the day, my silly Bullydog chip, all 290 or so horses, smoked more than my 410 hp tow tune from Matt does now. Damn tune is smoke free.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have never owned an OBS, but an SD with the "right" (wrong) tuning will lay down a pretty thick trail.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
140ccs compared to 90ccs..... along with the tuning it will out smoke an obs.

To be honest, my stock SD smokes as much as my tuned obs did. Was there something wrong with my obs? Maybe. Did the previous owner of my SD put a programmer on it? Maybe.

Petro

Reaction score
My 02 7.3 with a bullydog would smoke like a fvcken train. It was ridiculous, but when I switched to custom tunes I had WAY more power and maybe a quarter of the smoke. Hell with the bullydog even in the economy tune it would just pour smoke, that was by far the worst tuning I've ever had.
Edit
that truck had stock injectors and turbo also.

under pressure

Reaction score
My old sniper tuned chip would smoke till i couldnt see behind me, No limits tunes are crisp and clean. Tuning and air supply !

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Good info guys. I bet he only had some lame bully **** or supercrips and not real tuning. He seemed way to slow to have injectors too

But I know my hot setting from beans will puff some smoke out of boos but once the turbo lights its pretty much a dark haze

Dslfumes

Reaction score
My E99 would smoke like an oil fire in the 140 Aggressive TS tune, and was decently slow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online