Does anybody still offer DIY trans rebuild kits?

JD3020

Reaction score
Not saying i'm going this route, just weighing my options right now. I already have a couple reputable places picked out that i'm wanting to take my trans to. And a BTS is not an option. So don't try telling me how good they are, if i could get one i'd have one.

Just wanted to get that out there, but does anybody offer re-build kits anymore other than Suncoast and RacerX(or did they stop)? We are going to talk to a local guy that is well known and well trusted in the area, and i'm thinking about getting or piecing together a kit for him to throw in for me. Everybody says he knows his way around transmissions, and as long as i supply him with the right parts he should be able to give me a solid trans.

juniort444e

Reaction score
What about buying all the parts from different venors online. I have been doing some research myself and digging around. I found some pretty cool stuff and about half the cost of the main builders. Im just trying to weigh my options and see whats worth it, (save money buying parts from internet and putting it together with some local help, or buying bts as they are closer to me). Saving money seems to be real nice right about now.

JD3020

Reaction score
What about buying all the parts from different venors online. I have been doing some research myself and digging around. I found some pretty cool stuff and about half the cost of the main builders. Im just trying to weigh my options and see whats worth it, (save money buying parts from internet and putting it together with some local help, or buying bts as they are closer to me). Saving money seems to be real nice right about now.

I'm trying to do that also, but i haven't found a good guideline on what needs replaced and upgraded or a vendor with all the parts listed. :shrug:

davey99ps

Reaction score
I bought all my billet stuff from suncoast, then took it to my local builder an I think he charged me $150 to do the tear down an rebuild. I've got no complaints so far, but the real test will come next month after my new turbo an live tuning get done.

juniort444e

Reaction score
I think my clutch pack and torque converter are hanging on by a thread. I have someone right now thats supposed to be giving me an estimate on how much he can do for what price. But i found out that most people dont worry about input shafts. Not 100%sure why. Im pieceing everything together now and trying to figure out the price and cost of having someone else install the stuff.

Dave, you got an awesome deal. I hope my builder can do it for that price.

JD3020

Reaction score
I think my clutch pack and torque converter are hanging on by a thread. I have someone right now thats supposed to be giving me an estimate on how much he can do for what price. But i found out that most people dont worry about input shafts. Not 100%sure why. Im pieceing everything together now and trying to figure out the price and cost of having someone else install the stuff.

Dave, you got an awesome deal. I hope my builder can do it for that price.

Yeah, what my plan is right now is to get the best guts and have a lot of holding power, so i don't have to worry about it slipping. Throw in a billet input, then cyro treat everything else. Then in a couple years when i might actually need the billet guts, pull it out, tear it down, and throw in some goodies and run with it.

And i might finish off my transmission this week. Gotta order a re-man converter tomorrow for $200, throw it in, and just run the crap out of it. And if they don't need a core for the converter i'm tearing into mine to see how bad i killed it. Its done some funky things and made some odd sounds the last couple WOT runs i've given it. Went from whining, to creaking, to popping and then it starts slipping. But she'll still light up the rear tire like its nothing. :pimp:

woodduck97

Reaction score
My friend Black974door got a rebuild kit back from John a few months ago and it has been a awesome trans.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Anyone with any info on good trans parts chime in, mine sh!t the bed tonight and i need to get this together asap. Sucks but i really want it done right this time.

Also, its a jasper with a warrenty, should i send it to them to rebuild and try to sell or what. Need some opinions. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online