Door speaker wiring question

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
In the process if completely rewiring my system. My one hang up is the door speakers.

My question us are y'all running speaker new wires from the amp all the way to the speakers in the doors? Or are you just running it from the amp and tying it into the factory speaker wires behind the radio?

If you're running all the way to the doors, how hard is it to pull new wires into the doors? I only looked at the pass side, but it looks like a pain lol.

Keanoknick

Reaction score
I ran new wires all the way to the speakers, for both my mids and my tweeters. It wasn't too bad, I found the drivers door to be harder than the passenger side door. Including pulling the door panels off, and other trim pieces, I'd say it took about 30 minutes per side.

e99f2506sp

Reaction score
Yeah I ran all new wiring throughout my truck. I used .095 trimmer line and shoved it through, then taped the new wire to it and pulled it back through. Takes some groping of the rubber between the door and jamb to move everything around so the line makes it through, but its not hard.

bigbadford01

Reaction score
Only in high wattage applications is it nessisary to run new wires to each door unless you are for example: by-amping your mids and highs with seperate channels of amplification. ** In my experience.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I also ran all new wire. I think if your running an amp and already running new speaker wire whats the point of not taking 5 more mins to take it to the speaker

Spastik monkey

Reaction score
i was an installer for several years. For low wattage applications, i just use the factory wire. If you're running components, or running high power (500w+ rms to doors) then you should run a quality 12ga wire to the doors/each speaker directly.

F-117HWK

Reaction score
Run the new wire and be done with it once. Like stated before, shove a hard wire through the grommets and then tape the speaker wire to it to pull back through. One side was super easy, the other was a pita but I cant remember which was which.

Latest posts

Members online