Door Switch Problem

DaKodaHigh

Reaction score
OK guys, did the 2002 7.3 into a 2005 cab and chassis. Instead of changing out the door switches, I swapped the plugs on the wiring harness. I now have door ajar dash light, dingers going off, and dome lights on. Before I look for a faulty switch, I'm would like to know if Ford may have went from a normally closed switch to a normally open switch, or visa versa? My bad not changing the switches instead of the plugs. The 2005 that everything went into had been sitting for quite a while. Maybe change out all 4 2005 door switches?

Thanks in advance.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I thought 99-07 were interchangeable. But if it's a polarity issue.... open all the doors and see if it goes off. My WAG is is a GEM module or fuse panel issue.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

DaKodaHigh

Reaction score
The switches fit the same latch, but the harness plug configuration is different. All doors open, dome lights on. Did not come on with driver’s door first, so I’m assuming that switch is the issue.

Racer71

Reaction score
They’re reverse operating, just dealt with this on a 00 cab that was put on a 02 truck. Need to use the proper switches for the year of the gem module. One is open connection with door open, other style is closed connection.

Latest posts

Members online